Ericsson AB is a company in the Ericsson Group (Ericsson). Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson Research (involved in LOCUS) provides Ericsson with system concepts, technology and methodology, to secure long-term competitive product provisioning. The organisation within Ericsson which will be engaged in the LOCUS project, Ericsson Research, provides Ericsson with system concepts, technology and methodology, to secure long-term competitive product provisioning. World-class innovation is achieved through cooperation within Ericsson and with partners, customers, universities and research institutes. The groups participating in LOCUS cover research in the areas of access technologies and signal processing, radio network and radio interface architectures, network management, including algorithms, protocols, performance as well as sustainability aspects of wireless communication and ICT in general. Ericsson AB is host of the core of Ericsson Research.
Profile of key persons:
- Fredrik Gunnarsson (male) is an Expert in RAN Automation and Positioning at Ericsson Research, working on research, concept, standardization and realization aspects. Currently, he is engaged in the work on 5G and Assisted-GNSS positioning in 3GPP, as well as machine learning and AI aspects of radio network automation. He received the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from Linköping University, Sweden, in 1996 and 2000 respectively, where he still holds a position as associate professor. Dr. Gunnarsson is a senior member of IEEE and one of the organizers of the annual workshop IWSON.
- Satyam Dwivedi (male) is a senior researcher at Ericsson Research, focusing on 5G positioning concepts and radio propagation modelling. He received his MSc and Ph.D. degrees from the Indian Institute of Science in 2007 and 2010 respectively. Then he was a post doc and researcher at the Royal Institute of Engineering, Stockholm, Sweden, before joining Ericsson Research 2017. Currently, he is team leader for the 5G positioning concept work.
- Nicklas Johansson (male) is a line manager at Ericsson Research. He obtained his PhD in Applied Physics in 1998 and worked as a business development manager at Thin Film Electronics 1998-2011. In 2011, he joined Ericsson to work on standardization, and was GSM technical coordinator and involved in GSM positioning and NB-IoT work. 2017 he joined Ericsson Research as a line manager for a group involved in concept development, standardization and evaluations of among other things positioning and AI/ML.
- Sara Modarres Razavi (female) is a Senior Researcher at Ericsson Research and her main research focus is positioning in which she holds a large number of patents ranging from indoor positioning, positioning support for Machine Type Communication and 5G positioning. Sara joined Ericsson in 2014, and has been involved in positioning standardization work since then. Sara received her MSc from Chalmers, Sweden in 2006, and her PhD from Linköping University, Sweden in 2014. Previously, she has two years of work experience as a radio network planner in Taliya network in Tehran and as a project manager at SICS Swedish ICT Research center, she has been also actively involved in Ericsson Garage projects.
- Deep Shrestha (male) is an Experienced Researcher in Ericsson Research, Linköping, Sweden. Currently Deep is involved in positioning related topics in 3GPP for 5G standardisation and developing sensing and localization concept for B5G Radio Access Technology. Before joining Ericsson Research in 2018, Deep was a Marie-Curie Research Fellow at Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) and pursuing his Ph.D. Degree in Signal Theory and Communications at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC).