Incelligent is an Athens-based, dynamic and forward-looking SME, active in Europe, US and MENA region that offers intelligent software solutions and services for improving the operations, maximizing revenues and optimizing costs of telecom and other vertical business operators. The company was founded and is managed by senior engineers with long-term R&D and business experience and its workforce consists of highly competent software engineers/ developers and data scientists.
Incelligent provides tailored, out-of-the-box solutions that utilize state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence and Big Data technologies, going beyond simple analytics and offering in-depth insights, predictive as well as prescriptive analytics. Its main intellectual property consists of:
- Its modular, analytics software platform, which is the basis for its vertical solutions.
- Its tailored-made solutions for telco and verticals, including solutions for: (a) Strategic planning and future evolution of 5G mobile networks, (b) Proactive customer experience management for Telco and Fintech, (c) network optimization in wireless networks.
In fact, Incelligent has developed mechanisms for the proactive management of wireless broadband networks leading to the US patent 9,942,085. Lastly, its software platform has been successfully used in recent projects and PoCs concerning including use cases, such as network optimization in mobile and Wi-Fi networks, as well as other vertical applications.
Profile of key persons:
- Kostas Tsagkaris (male) is the Head of Technology and General Manager of Incelligent. He received his diploma (2000) and his Ph.D. degree (in 2004, awarded with “Ericsson’s awards of excellence in Telecommunications”) from the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA). Since 2005 he is working as a senior research engineer and adjunct Lecturer in the undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the Department of Digital Systems of the University of Piraeus in the area of network design, management and optimization. In 2012, he co-founded WINGS ICT Solutions, an SME conducting research and development in smart wireless access systems, device management, software networks and IoT. In 2014, he also co-founded Incelligent, a spin-out of WINGS ICT Solutions, producing software for the predictive management and optimization of wireless networks. He has been involved in many related EU research projects including H2020 5G-PPP MATILDA, 5G-PHOS, Speed-5G, Fantastic-5G, ARCADIA, FP7/ICT UniverSelf, OneFIT and E3 and FP6/IST E2R I/II. His current interests are in the design, management and optimization of wireless access/core networks, self-organizing and autonomic networks, software defined networking and application of analytics and machine learning in telecommunication networks/management. He has published more than 160 papers in international journals and refereed conferences in the areas above. He has served as co-organizer of International Workshop on Self-Organizing Networks 2012-2016, as Editor of the special issue of International Journal of Network Management on Managing Self-Organizing Radio Access Networks and he is in the Editorial board of Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies since 2013. Dr. Tsagkaris is a Senior Member of IEEE and a member of the Technical Chamber of Greece. He participates as an expert in the ETSI Specialist Task Force (STF) 501 on Autonomicity and Self-Management in the Backhaul and Core network parts of the 3GPP Architecture, while he has also participated and contributed to other EU and US standardization committees and working groups such as RRS and AFI-ISG groups in ETSI and IEEE DySPAN/P1900.4 group, where he has also served as Technical Editor of the published standard.
- Athina Ropodi (female) is a senior R&D engineer at Incelligent specializing in machine learning. She received her Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece, in May 2007. In 2009, she completed her M.Sc. studies in Bioinformatics at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece. She has worked as a freelancer in the past and, from February 2013 to October 2015, she has participated in two research projects co-financed by the European Union and the Greek State as a PhD candidate. In 2017, she received her PhD from the Agricultural University of Athens and for the last two years she is involved with various EU funded projects (SPEED-5G, FANTASTIC‐5G, PHANTOM, MATILDA, 5G-PHOS). She has several journal publications and conference participations. Her interests focus on the area of data analytics, machine learning and computational intelligence methodologies.
- Nikos Stasinopoulos (male) is a Big Data Engineer at Incelligent. He received his diploma (2010) from the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and he’s a PhD Candidate with the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the National Technical University of Athens on the topic of Big Data Management and Mining in distributed systems. During his candidacy, he has led a EU-funded Big Data Management project (THALES-DELUGE). He has worked with the Biostatistics Dpt of the Medical School of Athens as a Data Engineer and Developer. He has worked in this capacity in three EU-funded projects on Biostatistics/Epidemiology (EMENO, SAPE, RESPOZE). His industry and research interests both lie in the areas of big data management and mining, distributed algorithms, data exchange and fusion, streaming data analysis.
- Nikolaos Psaromanolakis (male) graduated from the Electrical and Computer Engineering of the Technical University of Crete in 2015 and received his M.Sc. diploma of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the Technical University of Crete in 2017. He currently works at Incelligent and his research interests include 5G, probabilistic graphical models, cognitive radio networks, massive MIMO networks, wireless networks and the design and performance evaluation of optimization – inference based algorithms for such a networks.
- Panagiotis Demestichas (male) is a university professor and an engineer with more than 25 years of ICT experience. He contributes to technology development in Incelligent and is active in the areas of 5G systems (services, environment models, ultra-dense infrastructures, spectrum aspects, virtualization), technoeconomic management and optimization, sustainability, simulation platforms, proof of concept and validation.